Somerset Bowls Association
Rules Governing all National Championships and County Competitions – (Version 11.0) (11/19)
NOTE: NATIONAL COMPETITIONS ARE ADMINISTERED DIRECTLY BY BOWLS ENGLAND AND DO NOT FORM PART OF THESE RULES.
Bowls England Regulation 52 and the Regulation for each specific discipline, refers.
IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT ALL ENTRANTS TO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS AND COUNTY COMPETITIONS FAMILIARIZE THEMSELVES WITH THESE RULES. THE CHAMPIONSHIP/COMPETITION COMMITTEE SHALL APPLY AND ENFORCE THEM RIGOROUSLY.
The National Championships and County Competitions of the Somerset Bowls Association (SBA) shall be administered in accordance with these Rules by the Championship/Competition Secretariat, comprising the Championship/Competition Secretary and any and all assistants appointed by the Championship/Competition Secretary and ratified by the Executive Board in accordance with SBA Constitution Rule 7(c).
2) Rules of Play
a) The Rules of play for National Championships shall be in accordance with Bowls England Regulations 50 – 51 together with the Appendices thereof and the current Laws of the Sport of Bowls.
- b) The rules of play of County Competitions shall be in accordance with these rules and the current Laws of the Sport of Bowls
3) Championships and Competitions
The Championship/Competition Secretariat shall administer the following National Championships and County Competitions
- a) National Championships to determine those to go forward to the finals of the Bowls England’s National Championships:
For Men and women:
(1) Singles (four bowls, 21 shots)
(2) Pairs (four bowls each player, 21 ends)
(3) Triples (three bowls each player, 18 ends)
(4) Fours (two bowls each player, 21 ends)
(5) Two Wood Singles (two bowls each, 21 ends)
(6) Junior Singles (four bowls, 21 shots)
(7) Junior Pairs (four bowls each player, 18 ends)
(8) Senior Fours (two bowls each player, 18 ends)
- b) County Competitions to determine SBA Champions:
For Men and Women:
- Open Champions (singles, four bowls, 21 shots)
- Mixed Pairs (four bowls each player, 21 ends)
- Honorary Secretaries (singles, four bowls, 21 shots)
- Unbadged Singles (four bowls, 21 shots)
And for Men: