SAFEGUARDING/WELFARE POLICY – NOTICE OF
The Somerset Bowls Association fully accepts its legal and moral obligation to exercise its duty of care and to protect all children and vulnerable adults participating in its activities and to safeguard their welfare.
We are committed to do this by acknowledging that:
- the welfare of the child or vulnerable adult is paramount
- each child or vulnerable adult has a right to be safe and to be treated with respect and dignity
- each child or vulnerable adult irrespective of age, gender, religion, race or disability has the right to protection from abuse.
We shall use our best endeavours to ensure that:
- all allegations of abuse ar taken seriously
- the response to them is swift and appropriate
- the effectiveness of our policy is reviewed annually.
A Safeguarding/Welfare Officer, to whom members can address any concerns, is appointed annually, who will also have a responsibility towards vulnerable adults.
The County Safeguarding/Welfare Officer is:
R. I. Hancock (Bridgwater B C)
Tel: 01278 732215