SOMERSET BOWLS ASSOCIATION BENEVOLENT FUND (November 2019)
(known as Somerset County Bowling Association Benevolent Fund)
John Durston (Clevedon Bowling Club)
Colin Westlake (Winscombe Bowling Club)
David Wederell (Isle of Wedmore Bowls Club)
Alan Gray (Portishead RBL Men Bowling Club)
Shirley Nicholls (Street Bowling Club)
Shirley Wederell (Isle of Wedmore Bowls Club)
Peter Cast (Winscombe Bowling Club)
Jill Price (Bridgwater Bowling Club)
Dawn Barnaby (Bloomfield Bowling Club)
Secretary: Ross Turnbull (Bloomfield Bowling Club)
Treasurer: Andrew. Chappell (Bath Men Bowling Club)
Benevolent Co-ordinator: Mrs D. Barnaby (Bloomfield Bowling Club)
1. The Fund is a Charity set up for the purpose of
(a) providing a small gift, up to a prescribed maximum value, to members, in the case of sickness, bereavement or other similar misfortune.
(b) awarding grants to members who, subject to qualifying under Paragraph 6, are in need of financial help.
2. The Fund shall be administered by three trustees and six other members, their appointments being approved by the Association Executive Board and ratified at the Association AGM. All shall have a vote.
3. The General Secretary, Treasurer and Benevolent Co-ordinator shall be members of the Committee, none of whom shall have a vote.
4. The Trustees and Committee members shall meet at least once a year and other meetings shall be convened as and when necessary. The Chairman shall be the senior Trustee, or in his/her absence one of the other Trustees or in the absence of a Trustee the senior Committee Member. Four voting members will form a quorum and in the event of a tied vote the Chairman shall have a casting vote. All business transacted at these meetings shall be recorded by the Secretary.
5. (a) Those who are eligible to benefit from the Fund members of a Club affiliated to the Association which is currently contributing to the Fund.
In order to qualify, Clubs shall have made at least one contribution during the Association accounting periods of 2017, 2018 or 2019 (i.e. between 1st October 2016 to 30th September 2019). No new contributors will be accepted.
(b) With effect from 1st October 2019, those Clubs who are eligible